ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
JAMB Agricultural Science Recommended Textbooks – Candidates who will be participating in the 2024 JAMB UTME exercise are to note that the recommended textbooks for Agricultural Science are now available online. In this article, we have outlined all the textbooks recommended. Read on.
UTME.ORG.NG Team is committed to providing readers, especially candidates that would participate in the 2024 UTME, with information that will propel them to have excellent grades. See details of the recommended textbooks below.
Do well to read a brief history about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before you check out the Agric Science textbooks.
Brief History on JAMB
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and quite often, a waste of resources in the process of administering the concessional examination especially on the part of the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient causes for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
What is More?
However, these problems had assumed a new dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board. The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some of the recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, the legal instrument establishing the Board was promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
All Agricultural Science Textbooks Recommended by JAMB
1. Adeniyi, M. O. et al (1999) Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination Agricultural Science, Ibadan: Evans
2. Akinsanmi, A. O. (2000) Junior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman
3. Akinsanmi, O. A. (2000) Senior Secondary Agricultural Science, Uk: Longman
4. Anthonio, Q. B. O. (1999) General Agriculture for West Africa, London: George Allen
5. Are, L. A. et al (2010) Comprehensive Certificate Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary School,University Press Plc.
6. Egbuna, C. K. et al (2014) Extension Modern Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools (2010), Extension Publication
7. Emmanuel C. A. (2003) A Dictionary of Agriculture, Benue: Agitab Publisher Makurdi
8. Falusi, A. O. and Adeleye, I. O. A (2000) Agricultural Science for Junior Secondary Schools Books 1- 3, Ibadan: Onibonoje
9. Komolafe, M. F. et al (2004) Agricultural Science for senior secondary Schools 1, 2 and 3, Ibadan: University Press Ltd.
10. Komolafe, M. F. et al (2004) Practical Agriculture for West African Schools and Colleges, (2nd Edition), Ibadan: University Press Ltd.
11. Philips T. A. (1986) Agricultural Notebook, Lagos: Longman
12. STAN (1999) Agricultural Science for Senior Secondary Schools, Lagos: Longman.
- Recommended Textbooks for All Subject.
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subject.
- Detailed Brochure for JAMB.
- JAMB Yoruba Recommended Textbooks.
- Arabic Recommended Textbooks.
- Arts Recommended Textbooks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. Is it necessary to read the recommended textbooks?
Ans = It is very important. Reading the textbooks helps you to prepare for your exam.
2. Where can I get the recommended textbooks for each subject?
Ans = Look no further! JAMB recommended textbooks for each subject has been made available in this article. Read through thoroughly to see them.
What’s your take on this? If you have any question or opinion, please don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.
We trust this article has been helpful to you. Do well to make use of our share button below to inform friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.