ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
JAMB Geography Recommended Textbooks – Will you or someone you know be writing Geography in the upcoming JAMB UTME? If yes, you should pay complete attention to this article. We have made available the complete Geography textbooks recommended by JAMB. Read on to see them below.
UTME.ORG.NG Team is committed to providing readers, especially candidates that would participate in the 2024 UTME, with information that will propel them to have excellent grades. See details of the recommended textbooks below.
Do well to read a brief history about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) before you check out the Geography textbooks.
Brief About the Examination Body
By 1974, there were seven (7) Federal Universities in the country. Every one of these existing universities conducted its own concessional examination and admitted its students.
However, this system of admission revealed serious limitations and quite often, a waste of resources in the process of administering the concessional examination especially on the part of the candidates.
The general untidiness in the uncoordinated system of admissions into universities and the attendant problems were sufficient cause for concern to the committee of vice-chancellors.
However, these problems had assumed a new dimension when by 1976, the then federal military government, under the leadership of General Olusegun Obasanjo, established six (6) additional universities.
What is More?
Consequently, the government set up a national committee on university entrance under the chairmanship of Mr M. S. Angulu.
The Committee was specifically requested to consider the possibility of setting up a Joint Matriculation Board. The Committee recommended the setting up of two (2) bodies, the Central Admissions Board and the Joint Matriculation Board.
The Federal military government accepted some of the recommendations of the committee and set up the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.
However, the legal instrument establishing the Board was promulgated by the act (no. 2 of 1978) of the Federal Military Government on 13th February 1978.
By August 1988, the Federal Executive Council amended decree No. 2 of 1978 to empower the Board to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
The amendments have since been codified into decree No. 33 of 1989, which took effect from 7th December 1989.
Geography Textbooks Recommended by JAMB 2024
Due to our commitment to your success, we have created posts that contain the following;
- Instructions and Guidelines to Register for the 2024 UTME.
- Novel to Read for JAMB UTME.
- Subjects combination for Science Students, Commercial & Art Students.
- JAMB Past Questions.
Now, take a look at the following recommended textbooks for Geography below:
1. Adeleke, B.O. Areola .O. 2002 and Leong, G.C. Certificate Physical and Human Geography for Senior Secondary School (West African Edition), Ibadan: Oxford.
2. Bradshaw, M. et al (2004) Contemporary World Regional Geography, New York: McGraw Hill
3. Bunet, R.B and Okunrotifa, P.O.(1999) General Geography in Diagrams for West Africa, China: Longman.
4. Collins New Secondary Atlas, Macmillan
5. Fellman, D. et al (2005) Introduction to Geography (Seventh Edition) New York: McGraw Hill
6. Getis, A. et al (2004) Introduction to Geography (Ninth Edition) New York: McGraw Hill
7. Iloeje, N. P(1999) A New Geography of West Africa, Hong Kong: Longman
8. Iloeje, N.P(1982) A New Geography of Nigeria (New Education), Hong Kong: London
9. Nimako, D.A. (2000) Map Reading of West Africa, Essex: Longman.
10. Okunrotifa, P.O. and Michael S. (2000) A Regional Geography of Africa (New Edition), Essex: London.
11. Udo, R.K(1970) Geographical Regions of Nigeria, London: Longman.
12. Waugh, D. (1995) Geography an Integrated Approach (Second Edition), China: Nelson
13. Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.
14. Adegoke M.A (2013), A Comprehensive Text on Physical, Human and Regional Geography.
- Recommended Textbooks for All Subject.
- JAMB Syllabus for All Subject.
- Detailed Brochure for JAMB.
- JAMB Yoruba Recommended Textbooks.
- Arabic Recommended Textbooks.
- Arts Recommended Textbooks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers
1. Is it necessary to read the recommended textbooks?
Ans = It is very important. Reading the textbooks helps you to prepare for your exam.
2. Where can I get the recommended textbooks for each subject?
Ans = Look no further! JAMB recommended textbooks for each subject has been made available in this article. Read through thoroughly to see them.
What’s your take on this? If you have any question or opinion, please don’t hesitate to use the comment section below.
We trust this article has been helpful to you. Do well to make use of our share button below to inform friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.