When is JAMB 2024 Starting? See JAMB Exam Date and Updates
ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE! The question “When is JAMB 2024 starting?” has been commonly asked in recent times by the general public and most especially candidates waiting to sit for the 2024 JAMB exam. We bring good news as the date for when JAMB 2024 exam is starting has been
The question “When is JAMB 2024 starting?” has been commonly asked in recent times by the general public and most especially candidates waiting to sit for the 2024 JAMB exam. We bring good news as the date for when JAMB 2024 exam is starting has been announced by the board. Read on to see the examination starting date and latest updates below.
The general public and especially candidates who will write the 2024 JAMB UTME exam are hereby informed that the registration and examination date has been announced by the Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB.
Do well to read and understand a little about JAMB below before you go on to see when the 2024 JAMB exam is starting.
About Joint Admission Matriculation Board
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board conducts the entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The board is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for applicants of the Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations.
The mission of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) is to reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education. READ MORE
When is JAMB 2024 Exam Starting?
Answering the question, you should know that the 2024 JAMB UTME exam is starting on the 5th of June, 2024. The examination is scheduled to hold between June 5 and June 19, 2024, when it will come to an end.
JAMB Board has disclosed that registration for the 2024 UTME and sale of forms will begin on 8th April 2024 and close on 15th May 2024.
JAMB 2024 mock exam will hold on Friday, 30th April.
This information is contained in a statement issued by JAMB’s Head of Public Affairs and Protocols, Dr Fabian Benjamin, on Wednesday, March 24, 2024, in Abuja.
JAMB examination date has been announced. While waiting to write the exam, you, however, need to prepare and put somethings in order before the examination. Here are some of the things you need to do below.
– Before you can participate to write the JAMB UTME exam, you need to register for it. To register, see how to get JAMB 2024 registration form here.
– After registration, you need to start preparing for the JAMB UTME examination. Get the JAMB syllabus here so you know which topics to study. The syllabus will help you to prepare effectively.
– You also need to study Past Questions and answers prior to your JAMB exam date so you can get used to and familiarise yourself with the kind of questions that JAMB sets. Download Here the JAMB CBT Practice App here.
JAMB Registration Period, Cost and Institution Choice
According to JAMB, all candidates, including those registering in foreign countries are to register for the exam between 8th April 2024 and 15th May 2024.
Check the table below for the cost of JAMB form:
Compulsory Reading Text
Service Charge for Registration
Choice of Institution
On the 2024 registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, Nigerian Defence Academy or Nigeria Police Academy.
How to Obtain JAMB Form & General Instructions
Candidates are advised to read the information below carefully to be able to obtain their JAMB UTME form:
– Registration Fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred (N3, 500) Naira. Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira Only is paid to obtain the reading text and $20 for Candidates from the eight foreign centres.
– A CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and other vital materials is also given free.
– Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to individual proﬁle and are not transferable.
– Candidates are advised to keep private and confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs.
1. One Cell (mobile) number (SIM) can be used by one candidate only.
The Cell phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications related to his/her 2024 Application, Examination/Admission. NOTE THE SIM-NUMBER USED.
IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR SUBSEQUENT COMMUNICATION
2. Candidate sends his/her name [Surname First-Name Middle-Name (if any)] by text (SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to 55019.
3. A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone (SIM) number.
4. The candidate presents the profile code to the point of procurement of form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form- ePIN is then sent as a text message to the candidate.
5. The candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration.
JAMB ePIN Selling Points
The selling outlets where you can get JAMB ePIN are:
NIPOST and eleven Participating Banks (ACCESS, FCMB, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK, JAIZ, Polaris, Stanbic IBTC, STERLING, UNION and UNITY).
Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Transact, Pocket Moni, TEASYPay, Packway Projects (Readycash) and Xpress payment solutions.
Select the bank and follow the prompts to complete the payment
ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
Recover Lost ePIN after Payment
1. If ePIN is not Received or Lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019 for UTME or DE respectively from the unique number.
2. The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique number
AFTER SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT AND OBTAINING ePIN, CANDIDATE SHOULD PROCEED TO ANY OF THE JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES TO COMPLETE HIS/HER REGISTRATION.
Registration process at CBT Centres
The candidate is to present the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for completion of registration.
The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the proﬁle comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT centre
CANDIDATES ARE TO:
1. Pay not more than N700 as Service Charge to the CBT Centre.
2. Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, among others.
3. Give choice of institutions and programmes (disciplines).
4. Make available qualiﬁcation with grades and dates, if not awaiting result.
5. Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result.
6. O/L and or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting results should supply the results online as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal.
No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her result on the portal of JAMB
7. Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional certiﬁcates for DE only.
8. Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
Mock examination (optional)
Examination for UTME (actual examination)
9. Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph).
10. Go on with Biometric enrolment (ten ﬁngers).
11. Review entries and conﬁrm correctness.
12. Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION.
13. Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD.
14. Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration.
15. There will be no ofﬂine registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real-time online registration.
No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Ofﬁces. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
1. All candidates must mandatorily register their proﬁles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN.
2. The registration fee is non-refundable
3. As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
4. All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc.
These ﬁnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates.
5. Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
6. Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed.
7. Candidates should note that they must be present and take live photographs that will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters. No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed.
8. All candidate should note that irrespective of their choice of course of study, they will also be tested on a general text:
“Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
9. Candidates/Ofﬁcials would not be allowed to enter the examination centre with a wristwatch, Phone, electronic device, or any pen/biro. Only the common pencil is allowed.
– Candidates are warned that JAMB does not require or authorise ANY cyber cafe services or establishment other than the accredited CBT centres for this exercise.
Application for JAMB Form in Foreign Countries
The JAMB Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is $20 or it’s equivalent in each of the eight countries.
Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to Download Here the Application from the Board’s website; www.jamb.gov.ng complete and submit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as indicated on the website.
Candidates that have obtained their JAMB form can share their experiences with others via the comments section below.
FAQs about When JAMB 2024 is Starting
1. When is JAMB UTME exam 2024 starting?
Ans = The 2024 JAMB UTME exam is starting on the 5th of June 2024.
2. How long will the 2024 JAMB examination be for?
Ans = The examination is scheduled to hold between June 5 and June 19, 2024, when it will come to an end. That is for two weeks.
3. When will the registration for JAMB UTME begin?
Ans = JAMB Board has disclosed that registration for the 2024 UTME and sale of forms will begin on 8th April 2024 and close on 15th May 2024.
4. How much does the 2024 JAMB registration form cost?
Ans = The registration fee costs #3,500, compulsory reading text is 500 and the service charge is #700. Sum total is #4,700 naira only.
5. Please, I need to know the JAMB approved CBT centres for the 2024 registration?
Ans = There are diverse approved JAMB CBT centres across Nigeria. Click here to see them.
Get updated information at the right time about JAMB 2024 by kindly providing us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate to use our share button below to inform – friends and relations via Facebook or Twitter.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.