Entering a university is a crucial step in the life of anyone. This articles covers all the major details you may need on Global Cyber University.
About Global Cyber University
Global Cyber University (GCU) is a global central university educating 21st century’s global men of ability, globalizing Korean traditional and realizing welfare society.
They practically promote Hallyu culture (or K-Culture) around the world. Global Cyber University is also known as BTS University abroad. Among the 7 members of BTS, who become global sensations, 6 of them were students from Global Cyber University.
Many Korean stars lead Hallyu culture (or K-Culture) at Global Cyber University. Global Cyber University is an educational institute based on the Hongik ideal. This philosophy is at the very heart of the culture. It is not just a philosophy for Koreans; it is a philosophy for everyone.
This philosophy, which forms the basis of Global Cyber University’s educational pedagogy, is known as Hongik in Korea.
Is Global Cyber University Accredited?
Yes, Global Cyber University has full accreditation.
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology together with Higher Education Act accredited Cyber University as a 4-year-course university.
This includes three departments and six majors (Department of Human Services, Department of Global Management, and Department of Cultural Contents were established.)
What are the Programs Global Cyber University Offer?
Global Cyber University, as a global professional institution for higher education in the 21st century, is dedicated to discovering and nurturing cultural talent.
In realizing this mission, they plan to establish themselves as an alma mater at the center of world cultural exchange.
They achieve this through the following program:
- Counseling Psychology
- Brain Education Convergence
- Sports & Health
- Brain-based Emotion Coaching
- Practical English
- AI Convergence
- Convergence Contents
- Entertainment & Media
- Convergence Management
- Oriental Studies
- Interdisciplinary- Major
- Dementia Care
- Global K-Culture
How Do I Get Admission Into Global Cyber University?
Admissions at Global Cyber University are processed in Korean and all courses are taught in Korean too.
They don’t have any language requirements, hence; you don’t have to provide your scores on a Korean language proficiency test.
However, it’s important to speak and understand Korean at a certain level that will allow you to make the most of your classes, assignments, and exams.
Here are the admission requirements for First Year, Second Year Transfer, and Third Year Transfer Students
Admission Requirements First-Year Students
- High school graduate (or expected graduate)
- An applicant who passed the high school equivalency test
- An applicant recognized as having the educational equivalent to above by law
Admission Requirements Second-Year Students
- Applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the equivalent educational background under the law.
- Those applicants who have completed at least two semesters of college and have earned 35 or more credits.
- Those applicants who have earned 35 or more credits under the Act of Credit Recognition.
Admission Requirements Third-Year Students
- Those applicants who have graduated (or are expected to graduate) from college and are recognized as having the educational equivalent background under the law.
- Applicants who have completed at least four semesters of college and have earned 70 or more credits
- Those applicants who have earned 70 or more credits under the Act on Credit Recognition.
Eligibility for General and Special Admissions
Students will be accepted under special admissions when the applicant’s special career (life experience) and conditions are in accordance with certain guidelines.
Those applicants who meet the common qualifications above and wish to apply for special admissions must meet the following conditions in order to be accepted.
Eligibility for Transfer Students
- Credits will be accepted once the associate department has submitted and reviewed the transcripts from the previous college.
- Second-year transfer students can receive up to 35 credits and third-year transfer students can receive up to 70 credits.
- Depending on the previous university’s field of study and the transfer department’s field of study, credits are recognized as a cultural choice, primary choice, or general choice courses.
- Course notes are not accepted, only course credits are accepted.
- The remaining credits that are not recognized as primary and cultural elective credits are considered general elective credits.
How to Apply for Global Cyber University Admission
After enrolling in the semester courses, students must pay tuition fees.
Registration is carried out according to a defined period and procedures.
Students can only modify or cancel the courses they have chosen during the course correction period.
Follow through this process if you want to apply for admission into Global Cyber University.
Submit Online Application:
- Go to http://go.global.ac.kr
- Fill out the application form completely and save it.
- Make application fee payment (KRW 30,000)
- Fill out Study Plan and Academic Aptitude Test
- Official entire years of transcripts for high school (Translated and notarized)
- If you graduated in different countries for elementary school, middle school, and high school,
- You need to submit all official transcripts of them (elementary school, middle school, and high school).
- Official High School Diploma (Translated and notarized)
- Official Agreement for Enrollment and Academic Credits (Attached file)
- Academic History Verification Report or the Verification of Apostille
- Please contact education-related public institutions or the applicant’s embassy or consulate for information about the Academic History Verification Report
- A 3×4 inches of applicant’s photo
- Online GCU Application Form (Download Here)
- Copy of passport
Tuition Payment (in KRW):
Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Payment Methods: Credit Cards or Wire Transfers
The scholarship will be informed with individual request right before filling out the application
- Entrance Ceremony
- Orientation for each department
- Esthetician Schools Online
- Indian Engineering Olympiad
- Best Interior Design Schools
Is Global Cyber University Expensive? Tuition and Living Cost
As a new school, Global Cyber University is not expensive.
Their tuition is moderately affordable for any student on a low budget.
Here are the standard tuition fees of Global Cyber University:
- Entrance Fee: KRW 166,000
- Course Fee: KRW 70,000 per credit
- Total course fee per semester (18 credits for 6 courses): KRW 1,260,000
Their Payment Methods is through Credit Cards or Wire Transfers.
Official School Website
For more information about this school, click the button below to visit the school through their official school website.