ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
Google Workspace For Education: G Suite for Education is out, and Google Workspace for Education is in. On February 19, 2024, Google announced the change to Google Workspace for Education.
You can register for an on-demand version of their announcement to hear all about their latest product news. Here’s a summary of the changes that you need to know about.
Introducing Google Workspace for Education
This includes all the products you already use, like Classroom, Meet, Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and many more. More than 170 million students and educators worldwide rely on our suite of tools.
Everything you need to teach, learn, connect and share will remain all in one place, accessible from anywhere on any device. To meet the diverse needs of institutions around the globe, from Pre-K to Ph.D., it will now be available in four distinct editions instead of just two.
Google Workspace for Education overview
This is a set of Google tools and services that are tailored for schools and homeschools to collaborate, streamline instruction, and keep learning safely. Google Workspace for Education offers multiple options to meet your organization’s needs:
- Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals—Gives you tools to aid teaching and learning, such as Classroom, Google Meet, Google Docs, Google Forms, and Google Chat.
- Google Workspace for Education Standard (available April 2024)—Same tools as Education Fundamentals but with advanced security features and enhanced administration controls.
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade (available April 2024)—Adds enhanced video-communication capabilities, Classroom add-ons, and other features and tools to your Education Fundamentals or Education Standard edition.
- Google Workspace for Education Plus—Includes all the features in Education Standard and Teaching and Learning Upgrade with additional features for certain services, such as attendance tracking in Google Meet.
Education Fundamentals is free to all qualifying institutions. Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus are all paid subscriptions.
To qualify for Google Workspace for Education
K–12 schools, higher-education institutions globally, and homeschool co-ops in the U.S. are eligible if they meet certain criteria.
K–12 and higher institutions must be government-recognized, formally accredited educational institutions delivering nationally or internationally-approved certifications at primary, secondary, or third level. The institution applying for Google Workspace for Education must submit the application.
Google Workspace for Education offers:
- and secure.
- 24/7 Access
- One Login for EVERYTHING!
- Use on Any Device/Cross-Platform
What Applications are Included?
Every edition of Google Workspace for Education includes Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Classroom, Assignments, Sites, Groups, Drive, and the Administrator Dashboard.
Google Classroom is a collaboration tool for teachers and students that helps organize and streamline the classroom experience. With just a few clicks, you can create a class, add your students, and create assignments or announcements.
You’ll be able to see who’s completed an assignment, who’s still working on it, and assign grades when it’s finished. You can also instantly offer feedback to students, and see their questions or comments on their assignments.
- Google Drive is like an online hard drive where you can store all your files – stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos – anything! You can access your files from any device, and, best of all, you never have to save: Drive automatically saves every time you make an edit!
- Google Docs: documents come to life with smart editing and styling tools to help you easily format text and paragraphs. Choose from thousands of fonts, add links, images, drawings, and tables
- Google Sheets: spreadsheets for analyzing, visualizing, and charting data
- Google Forms: quick & easy surveys to gather information
- Google Slides: a presentation tool that makes it easy to tell stories
- Google Drawings: Graphics and flowchart creation with shapes, text, and images
Additionally, Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals includes tools that can be used to save you time and increase student engagement. These include:
- Gmail: Email, contacts, tasks, and communications
- Google Calendar: Scheduling, calendars, and appointments
- Google Meet: Live video conferencing and messaging
- Google Sites: Webpage creation and publishing
- Google Groups: Group communication and web forums
Finally, Google has other tools outside of GWE Fundamentals that can be used in the classroom, which you may be able to access with your same username and password. These are consumer products and are not covered by the GWE Fundamentals Terms of Service.
- Chrome: Internet browsing
- YouTube: Online video hosting and sharing
- Google Maps/Earth: Interactive maps and satellite imagery
- Blogger: Publishing blogs
Access to other advanced features and additional tools will depend on which edition of GWE you are using.
Google Workspace for Education Support
- Google for Education Support Center: support.google.com/edu
- Assistance in Forum: productforums.google.com
- 24/7 Email and Phone Support: gsuite.google.com/support
- Microsoft Windows Inside Grace Hoppers Award
- How to Download Here Power Ball Winners Numbers
- Check updated Powerball winner numbers online
- MBA Scholarship in USA 2024/2025
- Earth Institute of Colombia University Postdoctoral Research
- Rising Star International Scholarship Indiana USA
How the qualifications work for K–12 or higher
Here are some examples of fictional schools and organizations to explain how the qualifications work.
|Park Elementary School||Park University fraternities, sororities, and student organizations|
|Park Middle School||Park sports teams, clubs, or instructional classes|
|Park High School||Third-party IT provider for Park Schools|
|Park School District||Park City Doctors Association|
|Park Technical College||Park teacher or student website or blog|
|Park Community College||Park Driving School|
|Park University||Park Church|
What’s next for Google Workspace for Education
We’re investing even further in with dozens of new features on the way to support the needs of institutions. For example, saved drafts in Google Forms are coming to Education Fundamentals and Google Meet meeting transcripts are coming to the Teaching and Learning Upgrade.
Choice, flexibility, and simplicity will continue to be guiding pillars for Google Workspace for Education, now and in the future. Whichever edition is right f
or you, we hope our tools keep empowering your school community to better collaborate and manage classes efficiently and securely.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.