See List Of (federal & state) Universities To Apply For Second (2nd) Choice In Jamb|
Are you searching for a comprehensive list of Universities ( both federal and state universities) that accept second choice as you struggle to register the jamb exams?
If yes then you are on the right page, in this page you will get the list of the best universities in Nigeria that will consider you for admission even if you still end up choosing them as your second choice.
What makes me to like this institution that we have taken time to select is That they are very popular, classic, have conducive learning environment and lots more. Honestly you will like these universities.
As for those who wouldn’t like to go by our recommendation here, please note that not every university will consider you for admission, some will allow you buy the post UTME screening form but when it’s time to give out admission they won’t remember you.
So it’s best for you to check this university’s post UTME invitation to the general public, check their requirements, see who they invited before making your next move and please don’t forget to also ask any one schooling there about if truly they accept second choice candidates.
LIST OF FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES THAT ACCEPT SECOND Choice
Lets start by giving you the list of universities that will accept second choice comes jamb. Carefully go through the list and make your choices but please have it in mind that the list are few. But one thing you will notice is that most of the institution Tha falls under here are mostly the new federal university that was opened around 2011.
The List of Federal Universities that can be used in Second choice space are:
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY,OYE Ekiti (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSE, JIGAWA STATE ,(will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY BIRNIN KEBBI (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY DUTSENMA, KATSINA STATE (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GASHUA, YOBE STATE. (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY GUSAU, ZAMFARA STATE. (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY NDIFU-ALIKE, EBONYWe sTATE. (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDRAL UNIVERSITY OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE.(will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LAFIA, NASARAWA STATE(will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LOKOJA. (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY KASHERE, GOMBE STATE. (will accept second choice in jamb)
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY WUKARI, TARABA STATE (will accept second choice in jamb)
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO (will accept second choice in jamb)
STATE UNIVERSITIES THAT CAN BE USED AS SECOND CHOICE JAMB
Here are some state university that accept second choice, they won’t hesitate to consider you for admission when the time comes
The List of State Universities that can be used in Second choice
- ABIA STATE UNIVERSITY, UTURU. ABIA
- ADAMAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, MUBI, ADAMAWA
- AKWA IBOM STATE UNIVERSITY, IKOT-AKPADEN AKWA-IBOM
- ANAMBRA STATE UNIVERSITY, ULI ANAMBRA
- ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI BAUCHI
- CROSS RIVERS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, CALABAR CROSS-RIVER
Other will be added soon as we finalize our findings for now keep visiting this page for more information
PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES THAT CAN BE PUT AS SECOND Choice
The List of Private Universities that can be used in Second choice
- GREGORY UNIVERSITY, UTURU, ABIA STATE ABIA
- AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA , YOLA ADAMAWA
- MODIBO ADAMA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA ADAMAWA
- OBONG UNIVERSITY, OBONG, NTAK AKWA-IBOM
- RITMAN UNIVERSITY,IKOT-EKPENE,AKWA-IBOM STATE AKWA-IBOM
- PAUL UNIVERSITY, AWKA ANAMBRA
- TANSAIN UNIVERSITY, OBA, ANAMBRA STATE ANAMBRA
- UNIVERSITY OF MKAR, GBOKO BENUE
- NOVENA UNIVERSITY OGUME DELTA
- WESTERN DELTA UNIVERSITY, OGHARA, DELTA STATE DELTA
- EDWIN CLARK UNIVERSITY, KIAGBODO, DELTA STATE DELTA
- Affiliated Colleges Of Education jamb 2024/2020
Almost all universities that has affiliate will accept second choice candidates reason because of the low turn out of candidates that chose them as second choice.
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, YOLA (AFFILIATED TO AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA.) ADAMAWA
- ST-JOSEPH MAJOR SEMINARY , IKOT-EKPENE (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF UYO, AKWA-IBOM STATE) AKWA-IBOM
- FED COLLEGE OF EDUC. (TECH.) UMUNZE, AFFILIATED TO (NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA) ANAMBRA
- NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NSUGBE (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE) ANAMBRA
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AZARE (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE) BORNO
- CATHOLIC INSTITUTION OF WEST AFRICA, PORT HARCOURT (AFFLIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE) CROSS-RIVER
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OBUDU, CROSS RIVER STATE, (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR CROSS-RIVER
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, AGBOR (AFFLIATED TO DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA STATE.) DELTA
- COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, WARRI (AFFLIATED TO DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, DELTA) DELTA
- FED COLLEGE OF EDUC. (TECH.), OMOKU, OMOKU , AFFILIATED TO (UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE) DELTA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), ASABA (AFFILIATED TO UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY) DELTA
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), ASBA, (AFFILIATED TO FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA) DELTA
Recall that the joint admission and Matriculation board jamb had to step We to save the situation after thousands of second choice candidates where not given admission even after buying various post UTME screening form.
The university on the other hand argued that they are bound to first consider their first choice first before looking at those who choose them as second choice.
But what beat my imagination was that this same school won’t prevent these poor candidates from purchasing their post UTME screening forms but will be quick to block them from gaining admission into the school after extorting the them.
This made jamb to block candidates from choosing any institution as a second choice but after much persuasion from parents and guardians jamb has to listen to parents, unblocking candidates from choosing universities as a second choice.
The good news is that you all are now free to chose any university as your second choice but you must be smart enough to identify those institutions that won’t close the doors at you when the time for admission comes.