ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
JAMB CBT Examination Pattern 2024 – In this JAMB CBT guide, I will be explaining in details the JAMB CBT examination pattern. I will help you understand everything by making my explanations very simple. All you need to do is to stay focus. Continue reading!
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB is yet to release its CBT examination pattern for 2024. Go through last year’s post to know what the CBT pattern is like.
In order to deal with the challenge of computer low-level literacy of some candidates, especially with the phobia for the mouse, the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that it will adopt an “eight-key device” for the 2024 UTME.
Before you go on to see the JAMB Past Questions and answers for all subjects, read a little about the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) below.
About Joint Admission Matriculation Board
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board conducts the entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The board is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for applicants of the Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) mission is to reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education. READ MORE
Complete JAMB CBT Examination Pattern 2024
JAMB Registrar spoke during the Strategic Planning retreat on Supervision and Evaluation of 2024 UTME examinations.
He noted that in order to ensure equity and level playground for all candidates taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), the Board has designed a system that will allow candidates to use only eight (8) keys.
Using these keys will be without the use of the mouse.
All the candidates need to do is to press the letters A, B, C, D for responses (answers) to questions and keys P, N, S and R representing different functions as follows:
P = Previous question
N = Next question
S = Submit responses when the candidate has finished the examination
R = Reverse (do not intend to go further to submit again)
According to him, this new method will eradicate the challenge of low computer literacy and phobia for mouse by some candidates.
On the new arrangements for the visually impaired candidates, the JAMB Registrar said Digital Bridge Institute in partnership with the board has agreed to set up three dedicated centres in Abuja, Lagos and Kano in 2024.
But for the 2024 UTME, the board has reached an understanding with the association for the blind persons in Nigeria and blind students in Lagos that an abridged approach would be used for the 2024 UTME.
All prospective blind candidates would be invited to three centres in the country for special assessment in their subjects of choice and relevance to their desired courses and programmes.
General Information for JAMB 2024
1. All candidates must mandatorily register their proﬁles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the ePIN.
2. The registration fee is non-refundable
3. As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration.
- Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
4. All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These ﬁnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates.
5. Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration
6. Multiple registrations are not Candidates who register more than once will be identiﬁed and disqualiﬁed
7. Candidates should note that they must be present and take live photographs that will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters. No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed
8. Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study, they will also be tested on a general text: “Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates
9. Candidates/Ofﬁcials would not be allowed to enter the examination centre with a wristwatch, Phone, electronic device, or any pen/biro. Only the common pencil is allowed.
10. Candidates are warned that JAMB does not require or authorise ANY cyber cafe services or establishment other than the accredited CBT centres for this exercise.
- JAMB Brochure
- Syllabus for 2024 JAMB
- JAMB Subjects Combination
- 2024 JAMBUTME Registration Closing Date
- Approved Fee to Pay for UTME Registration.
FAQs on JAMB CBT Examination Pattern
1. When is the JAMB UTME exam 2024 starting?
Ans = The 2024 JAMB UTME exam is starting on the 19th of June 2024.
2. How long will the 2024 JAMB examination be for?
Ans = The examination is scheduled to hold between June 19 and July 3, 2024, when it will come to an end. That is for two weeks.
3. When will the registration for JAMB UTME begin?
Ans = JAMB Board has disclosed that registration for the 2024 UTME and sale of forms will begin on 8th April 2024 and close on 29th May 2024.
4. How much does the 2024 JAMB registration form cost?
Ans = The registration fee costs #3,500, compulsory reading text is 500 and the service charge is #700. Sum total is #4,700 naira only.
Get updated information at the right time about JAMB 2024 by kindly providing us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions pertaining to this guide.
Feel free to use our share button below to inform your friends and relations who ask ‘Is JAMB Form Out for 2024?’ via Facebook or Twitter.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.