ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
See how to accept admission on JAMB CAPS portal here. The Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) have started giving admission to 2024 anticipating candidates. If you don’t accept your admission, it simply means you forfeit it. Don’t let that happen! Read through to see the steps below.
This is to inform all the candidates seeking admission into the various tertiary institutions in Nigeria that the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has activated the Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal.
It is where UTME and Direct Entry candidates can accept/reject their admission offer and also monitor their admission.
You will learn the straightforward procedure for checking JAMB admission status on the JAMB profile via the JAMB CAPS portal as well as how to accept or reject an admission offer if you have been given one.
Before we show you how to how to accept admission on the JAMB CAPS portal, it is very important for us to explain what the JAMB CAPS portal is all about and what it’s used for. Let’s go!
About JAMB CAPS Portal
Before going into details about JAMB CAPS 2024 Update, please note. JAMB CAPS is an abbreviation representing the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board Central Admission Processing System.
The platform was created by JAMB to automate the admissions process into tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It also ensures quality control, transparency, and credibility of the admission process.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is expected to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal where institutions can go and ‘request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut-off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
JAMB CAPS does not only automates the process but a number of other innovations are also being introduced. And these include:
- Opportunities for candidates to confirm provisional admissions thus eliminating cases of candidates abandoning admissions;
- Market place to enable institutions to source candidates from the available pool based on various criteria such as JAMB score, State, Local Government and even gender of the candidates
- The requirement for all awaiting O/L results candidates to upload their results into the JAMB portal before being considered for admission
- Admissions can be processed in batches as well as instantaneously with candidates being able to check their admission status at any point in time on the JAMB portal.
Functions of JAMB CAPS Portal Platform
- To access the JAMB admission status.
- To accept/reject admission offers.
- Also, to upload screening documents like the O’level certificate for review during JAMB registration.
- Lot more…
Below are the procedures provided for how to accept/reject admission on JAMB CAPS.
How to Accept Admission on JAMB CAPS
Follow the steps below;
- Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
- Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login.
- Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
- Locate and click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
N/B: If you have been offered admission the Accept Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be active (clickable) as highlighted in Red below.
If you have NOT been offered admission yet, the Accepted Admission and Reject Admission buttons will be inactive (not clickable and greyed out) as highlighted in RED colour below.
Admission Status details (highlighted in blue) may differ. If not yet offered admission, please keep checking.
Check Using Mobile Device
If you are using a phone, you may not see the option to check your admission status on CAPS. Most phone users may only see the welcome message.
The CAPS page shows only welcome because it requires you to use desktop mode to view the complete page. This is why the chrome browser is recommended if you are using a phone.
All you need to do is go to the chrome options and choose the desktop site for the complete page to display. This is explained below:
1. Go to the JAMB E-facility portal at https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
2. Supply your Email Address and Password in the required columns and then login.
3. Then locate and click on ‘Check Admission Status‘.
4. Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
5. You will see a white screen showing welcome.
6. Select the three-dotted line at the top right corner of your browser (⋮) and then think ‘Desktop site’.
7. Select ‘Admission Status‘ on the left panel.
8. Locate and click on the ‘Search‘ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
9. You can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
NOTE: Acceptance/rejection of admission offer is free!
Candidates who have been offered admission on the JAMB CAPS are to equally print their admission letter after accepting the admission. They will likely need this during the clearance and registration in the school that they have been admitted to.
- How to Register for JAMB
- JAMB Recommended Textbooks
- How to Create JAMB Profile
- JAMB Full Syllabus
- How to Prepare for JAMB
- JAMB Complete Brochure
- JAMB Registration Date
- How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it compulsory to accept the admission offer?
Ans = If you don’t accept your admission, it simply means you forfeit it.
2. How can I assess the JAMB CAPS portal?
Ans = We have made that possible for you. Follow this link to assess the JAMB CAPS online portal.
3. We have just been given admission. Please how can I accept the admission offer?
Ans = That is simply what this article is all about. Go through carefully.
If you have any questions or opinions as regards JAMB 2024, kindly scroll down to the comment section and we will respond in no time.
I believe this article was informative. Do well to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.