ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
If you participated in the 2024 JAMB UTME examination and have seen your JAMB result this is good news for you. JAMB admission status portal for anticipating candidates to check if they have been successfully admitted is now active. Read on to see how you can check your admission status below.
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board have activated the portal where Direct Entry and UTME candidates can now check or confirm their admission status for all years.
Checking of admission status on the JAMB portal is totally free.
Some schools may not publish their admission list on time. Candidates that applied for admission in such schools can know when they have been offered admission by checking on JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal.
Read a little about the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) before you go on to see the matriculation body’s portal.
Brief About JAMB
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions.
The board conducts the entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The board is also charged with the responsibility of administering similar examinations for applicants of the Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations.
The mission of the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) is to reliably measure candidates’ abilities and determine their suitability for higher education.
How to Check Admission Status on JAMB Portal
In case you don’t have an account with JAMB (especially candidates from 2016 downward), you will have to create one to check your admission status. See how to create a JAMB account.
If you already have a JAMB profile, jump to the five (5) simple steps outlined below on how to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission List portal:
STEP 1: Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal – https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility.
STEP 2: Log in to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
STEP 3: After a successful login, scroll down, then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
STEP 4: Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the required columns.
STEP 5: Finally, click on the ‘Check Admission Status‘ button to access your JAMB admission status.
Candidates Admitted on JAMB Website
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.
What to do if not yet Admitted on JAMB Portal
Not Yet admitted? If yes, please take note of the following:
1. Login into JAMB CAPS to verify your O’level result upload
It’s important to verify whether your O’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not. As failure to upload your O’level result can affect your JAMB admission status.
- Log-in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Then click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Finally, click on ‘My O’level’ to confirm if your O’level is uploaded. If not visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT centre to upload your O’level result. Admission cannot be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS indicates ‘Awaiting Result’.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions have the right to consider some candidates for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the instructions a-c above, then click the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another program.
You are required to either accept or reject this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you to the new program.
If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Program. The program transfer will not be affected.
3. You applied for the JAMB UTME with awaiting result.
Candidates who used ‘awaiting result’ during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission.
Direct-entry candidates including JUPEB students should also upload their A’level and O’level results to avoid disqualification. This is to enable the screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission.
FAQS on Jamb Admission Status Portal 2024
1. How can I access the JAMB portal?
Ans = You can access the portal by logging on to https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Efacility.
2. Please how do I create and login to the JAMB efacility?
Ans = It is easy to create and login to the efacility portal. See the steps as outlined in this post and follow them.
3. Do We have to create a JAMB efacility account before I get JAMB services?
Ans = Yes, you have to. All of JAMB online services are on the efacility portal. So before you can assess them, you have to Create an account and login.
4. Please, I need to know the JAMB approved CBT centres for the 2024 registration?
Ans = JAMB approved CBT centres are all across Nigeria. Click here to see them.
We hope that this information on JAMB Admission Status Portal is helpful to you. Since it is not everyone that has access to this article, do well to share it with your friends who are also in need of such information.
Also, provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below. This will help us feed you with more updated information at the right time.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.