ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
All You Need to Know About University of Birmingham Business School
University of Birmingham Business School – Do you know that Birmingham Business School offers exciting degree programs that can prepare you for the working world? In this article you will discover so many captivating things about Birmingham Business School that will help you make the right choice of schooling there. Read on.
About Birmingham Business School
At Birmingham Business School we deliver world-class research and teaching that provides the insight, ambition and skills to shape advanced and sustainable business strategies. The School’s vision is to promote curiosity and thought leadership for responsible business.
Our mission is to Deliver:
A distinctive student experience where students have the opportunity to engage with industry professionals and world-leading researchers, and feel part of an international learning community.
Internationally recognized research focusing upon and providing responses to the key challenges around responsible business that face our economy and our society regionally and globally.
An environment where both staff and students are able to thrive and achieve their best work.
Why study at Birmingham Business School?
A degree of relevance.
Our degree programmes develop in response to the changing economic, commercial and financial environment, to ensure that they are directly relevant to the needs of industry as well as students.
Strong job opportunities through industry links.
Our strong links with industry mean that rigorous undergraduate academic study is combined with a real practical focus, leading to excellent job opportunities for our students.
An International approach.
We currently have students from over 35 countries on our undergraduate programmes and welcome students who want to come to Birmingham on the Erasmus programme and students from our US partners.
We consult with many of the professional bodies and, depending on the modules you choose, exemptions from professional exams such as the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and the Chartered Institute of Marketing are available.
Local commitment with global impact.
We offer undergraduate modules on the international aspects of business – from international accounting through to understanding the impacts of globalization – emphasizing our mission of local commitment with global impact.
Postgraduate Programmes Back to ‘Degrees and Courses’
Birmingham Business School’s portfolio of postgraduate taught degrees have been designed to provide both academic excellence and vocational relevance, ensuring that the skills and experiences you take away with you are valued by employers.
- Accounting and Finance MSc programmes
- Advanced Engineering Management MSc programmes
- Economics, Finance and Statistical MSc programmes
- Management MSc programmes
- Marketing MSc programmes
- Online MSc programmes
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
At Birmingham Business School, we create business degree courses which, both academically and personally, prepare you for the working world. The Birmingham Business School offers a number of exciting and forward thinking undergraduate degree programmes across our departments.
- Accounting and Finance (BSc) programmes
- Business Management (BSc) programmes
- Economics (BSc) programmes
- International Business (BSc) programmes
- Money Banking and Finance (BSc) programmes
- Mathematical Economics and Statistics (BSc) programmes
Accreditation and MBA rankings
Birmingham Business School, along with just a handful of the world’s business schools, holds the gold standard of “triple-crown” accreditation from the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
In 2016 School achieved a “world’s first” receiving AMBA accreditation for a wholly online MBA programme; the School’s Distance Learning MBA.
The Birmingham MBA is also taught part-time in collaboration with SIM University in Singapore and Jinan University in Guangzhou.
The Birmingham MBA has been consistently ranked in the major MBA league tables and it was once ranked the UK’s top full-time MBA programme in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s 2004 global MBA ranking.
Rankings are important because they are a measure of the quality of degree programmes and the student experience available.
Graduating from a highly ranked business school means that your degree remains highly regarded within the global employment market and enhances your portfolio, allowing you to boost your career, and command a higher salary.
- In the 2024 FT European Business School rankings, Birmingham Business School attained a position of 69 and a ranking of 17th out of all UK institutions listed.
- In the 2024 Global Financial Times MBA rankings, our MBA achieved a global position of 97 and a ranking of 13th out of those UK Business and Management Schools that have made the FT rankings.
- In the 2024 Economist ”Which MBA’ rankings of the world’s leading MBA programmes, we are ranked 86th globally, 13th in the UK and 28th in Europe, with high scores in a number of categories including increase in salary, personal development, educational experience and the quality of our faculty.
- In the Guardian University Guide 2024 we are ranked 19th in the UK University league table.
- In The Complete University Guide 2024 we are ranked 15th out of the UK Institutions and rank in the top 20 for Accounting & Finance and Business & Management Studies.
- In the QS Global Rankings, our MBA programme has a European ranking of 42 (out of 74) institutions.
- Lord David Currie – Cross Bench Member, House of Lords
- Elizabeth Locke – The Apprentice Series 6 finalist
- David Gill – Chief Executive, Manchester United
- Jim Reid-Anderson – President and Chair of Six Flags
- David Bailey – Professor of Industrial Strategy at Aston Business School and Vice-Chair of the Regional Studies Association
- Simon Mantell – Full-time England field hockey player
- James Rodwell – Full-time England rugby sevens player
Join Over 5 Million Subscribers Today!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.