ADS! Download Here JAMB CBT Software Now for FREE!
Paro College Of Education Admission 2024: Want to Study in India? The Paro College Of Education offers an admission 2024 program for students to study in India.
The 2024 admissions are available to financially support the B.Ed Programmes.
About Paro College of Education
Paro College of Education is one of the constituent colleges of the Royal University of Bhutan. It began as a teacher training centre for preschool care, which was formally inaugurated on 4th November 1975 with 8 female trainees and a demonstration school at the Rinpung campus.
The new Teacher training Center academic Campus at Nangkha was inaugurated by Her Majesty the Queen Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck on 18th November 1999. Paro College of Education offers bachelors in Education (B.Ed) in both modes (regular and distance) in English as well as in the national language, Dzongkha, nine months regular postgraduate Diploma in education in Dzongkha and a master’s degree in Educational leadership and management for school heads as a part-time programme.
The Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Royal University of Bhutan (RUB), Paro College of Education will be implementing a new system for selecting class 12 graduates for Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programmes offered by the College for commencement in July 2024.
The new qualitative selection system is aimed to attract high performing class 12 graduates to consider teaching as a career and encourages candidates with consistently high academic performance, passion for teaching, and strength of character to opt for teaching as their first choice. To focus on quality, based on teacher requirement projections provided by MoE, the College will be admitting just 100 candidates into the B.Ed Primary programme and 70 into the B.Ed Dzongkha programme on a competitive basis for 2024 cohorts.
Registration for B.Ed Programmes July 2024 intake
- Class X pass with 50% each in English and Dzongkha and an aggregate of 60% (English plus best four subjects).
- Class XII pass with 50% each in English and Dzongkha
B.Ed Primary Dzongkha (for LCS students)
- Class X pass with 60% in Dzongkha.
- Class XII pass with 55% aggregate in the four core subjects (Nyengag, Choenjug, Sumtag/Ngagtag and Dzongkha/Dazhung)
B.Ed Primary Dzongkha (for BHSEC students)
- Class X pass with 60% in Dzongkha.
- Class XII pass with a minimum of 60% in Dzongkha and 55% in Rigzhung.
Click Here for detailed admission criteria.
If you qualify for any of the B.Ed programmes, please click on the appropriate link to register before 18th April 5:00 PM.
Early Childhood Care & Development Centre
The Centre for Early Childhood Studies is a unique workplace early childhood care and development centre in Paro College of Education providing inclusive preschool learning opportunities to children aged three to five years of the staff of the college and community.
The centre provides a high-quality culturally and contextually relevant preschool programme to children and also serves as the demonstration and training sites for the faculty, student teachers studying early childhood and inclusive education courses, and early childhood facilitators and inclusive education teacher aide working in the community.
Paro College of Education runs mobility programmes for staff and students (mostly undergraduate at the moment). Currently, staff and student mobility are facilitated mostly through the Erasmus+ exchange programmes.
PCE is actively engaged in exchange programmes with several universities in Australia, Europe, and United States, such as the University of New England (Australia), Palacky University in Olomouc (Czech Republic), University College Leuven Limburg (Belgium), Heidelberg University of Education (Germany), and Vrije University Amsterdam (Netherlands), Naropa University (US).
Prospective students seeking admission into undergraduate (bachelors) programmes offered at Paro College of Education can apply online.. Apart from this centrally administered admission system, the College conducts online admission for its other undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Currently, these programmes include:
- Master of Inclusive Education
- Master of Dzongkha Education Studies
- Master of Educational Leadership & Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (in case of prospective students who are self-financed)
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Development Studies
- Diploma in Physical Education & Sport Coaching
The online admission system and acceptance of candidature have four important steps.
- Download Hereing the Application Form from the PCE website, completing the form and submitting it online.
- Uploading all relevant documents as specified in the admissions guidelines/checklist.
- Writing an online competency test/essay (which will be evaluated according to published criteria).
- Participating in an interview (e.g. using Skype, Zoom, video conference, etc.).
- Checking the outcome of the application online.
- The Current cost of clearing cars in Nigeria
- 10 Used luxury cars for sale
- University of Sterling Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria 2024/2025
- DESOPADEC Undergraduate Bursary Award 2024/2025
Announcement (vacancies for self-finance students)
Paro College of Education is pleased to announce the availability of 2 seats each for M.Ed Primary English, M.Ed Primary Social Studies and M.Ed Primary Science under the self-finance mode. Therefore, the interested candidate with a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and three years of teaching experience may apply before 4:00 PM of 17th January along with the documents mentioned below.
- Citizenship identity card.
- Certificate and mark sheet of Bachelors Degree, Class XII and Class X.
- Proof of three years of teaching experience.
- No objection certificate from employer, if employed.
For MEd Primary English and MEd Primary Social Studies, please apply to Dr Dorji Wangchuk at [email protected] / 17628785 and for MEd Primary Science, please apply to Ms Hari Maya Gurung at [email protected] /1773101.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.